At the Exeter Highways and Traffic Orders Committee held on 14 November 2016, members requested information in relation to the Devon County Council’s road maintenance programme [item 11 of the agenda].
The details for Exeter are as follows:
Schemes included in this view
Schemes excluded from this view
- Schemes still awaiting Asset Approval
- Bridge Assessment & Strengthening (BAS)
- Revenue Funded Schemes
- Pre-patching for 2017/18
- Road Restraint schemes (RRS)
- Street Lighting
- Traffic signals
- Resurfacing – surface treatment with a bituminous material, 40mm or more thick.
- Patching – surface treatment with a bituminous material, 40mm or more thick but in smaller areas not covering the whole road or footpath.
- Surface Dressing – surface treatment with bitumen and chippings. Patching will be completed in the year preceding surface dressing.
- Micro Asphalt – Slurry style surface treatment, typically suited to urban areas. Patching will be completed in the year preceding Micro Asphalt.
- Joint / crack repair – treats joints and cracks in the existing surface that need sealing prior to a longer term repair in the near future.
- High Friction Surfacing (HFS) – specialised surface dressing at locations that require higher skidding resistance.
- Drainage – upgrading, repairs and improvements to highway drainage systems.
- Footway works – surface treatment to a footpath involving resurfacing or a bituminous sealant, or replacement of concrete flags.
Further details on the programme for the current year requested by are available on DCC’s public web site as a interactive map
There also a list rather than the map, which can sort schemes according to Electoral Division or Market Town [but a few anomalies show up – I don;t think Exminister will take too kindly to being included in the Exeter list!]. This list also shows the current status of each scheme.