2017 can be better – here’s how
After a year of turmoil in politics across the World, the Co-operative Party has a simple message:
2017 can be better – but only if we work together.
2016 was a year in which old certainties were swept away, with no consensus about what replaces them. Our country is divided, and the march of political, social, and economic progress no longer feels inevitable.
Today marks the start of a new year, our Centenary year. And it’s up to all of us to decide what this milestone means.
It can either be simply the 100th birthday of the ‘best kept secret in British politics’, or it can be something much larger: the beginning of the fight back.
That’s up to you, and it starts today with three simple asks:
- SHARE – Share our page at www.2017canbetter.uk to help spread the word:
Share on Facebook | Tweet about it | Email a friend
3. FOLLOW – If you’re not already a member, join the Party:
Click here to join the Party for the special centenary rate of £19.17
Events of 2016 show that people across the World are craving an alternative to the broken political and economic status quo.
Over a Century, our Party has seen a lot of change. But one thing hasn’t changed: our faith in the power of people working together.
We believe that the only way forward is an economy and society based on:
- Us all having a share in the things we produce and consume, and a say in the decisions that affect our lives.
- The idea that when people like one another and work together, they can achieve more than they would alone.
- That the co-operative values and principles – now almost 150 years old – give us template to follow for transforming our economy and society
Across the World, and across Britain, hundreds of thousands of co-operatives, with billions of members, know that an alternative isn’t just a dream – it’s already out there, and it works.
2017 can be better. But only if we stand together and spread the word.
With very best wishes for the New Year from myself and the whole Co-operative Party staff team,