Exeter City Council have been shortlisted in the Public Service in Devon category of the Devon Environmental Awards, organised by DEBI – the Devon Environmental Business Initiative.
This category is seeking the most environmentally sustainable project or initiative in Devon by a Public Sector organization in the last two years.
Entries are welcome from across the Public Sector, including Government Agencies, Local Authorities, Health/NHS, Emergency Services, Housing Associations, Public Transport.
Examples could show how an excellent Public Sector has been maintained/improved whilst:
- managing, measuring and reducing their carbon footprint
- Using/generating renewable energy and/or adapting operations to a changing climate
- minimising resource use and waste, for example by ensuring effective recycling
- delivering habitat improvements for wildlife
- delivering measures which demonstrate a commitment to improving the lives of employees, customers and/or the community